My Sockapal2za socks are done! And, I'm pretty sure they will actually fit my sock pal, which is even better. I decided to block these more aggressively than I do socks for myself in an attempt to smooth the odd lumpy places along the toe so I made little sock forms from coat hangers to the size of my sock pals foot. It worked very well and the lumpiness has been vanquished. Now I just have to wait until September to see if this venture has been successful.
Sock details: Yarn from Over the Rainbow on Ebay, Earth color way; pattern Priscilla's Dream Socks from Interweave Knits website with cast on of 80 stitches. I decided to go with a basic sock and let the color do the its thing.
Ruffly Peacock Feathers blocking went well Friday evening, though there was a chance of rain and the shawl was on the porch so I didn't sleep well, waking up frequently listening for the sound of rain. I was lucky and the rain didn't come. With so much moisture in the air, it obviously wasn't optimal weather for this venture, but in the morning, the body of the shawl was mostly dry with a mildly soggy ruffle. The cloudy sky threatening rain so I hurriedly released the shawl from its wires and pins and slung it over the shower rod to finish drying and was able to bring the rest of my supplies in moments before the rain let loose. I'm very happy with the way the stitches evened out and the yarn overs opened up. And since it rained a lot Saturday and Sunday, I don't regret the lack of sleep on Friday. While I certainly could have waited for the rain to clear up and blocked then, the patience for that eluded me.
I listened to the new Harry Potter on cd this weekend (I love my public library!) while I knit Madli and stayed up until one o'clock last night in order to finish it. It was very very good!